My Boys

My Boys
This reason I cook the way I do - My Boys

Friday, July 22, 2011

Tofu Scramble with Biscuits, Peaches and Pears

And no, tofu scramble does not taste like eggs, but it is something different for breakfast.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 block tofu, drained and pressed
  • 2 tbsp oil or margarine
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)

Preparation:

Slice the tofu into approximately one inch cubes. Then, using either your hands or a fork, crumble it slightly. Saute onion, pepper and crumbled tofu in oil for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium and allow to cook 5-7 more minutes, stirring frequently and adding more oil if needed.

1 comment:

  1. Had these this morning to the delight of both of us. Added some veggies and rolled it in a ww tortilla, very good.

    ReplyDelete